Doha 14 October 2017
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), Qatar will welcome a number of visiting consultants from various medical specialties during the month of October 2017
The visiting consultants are as follows:
- Fred Muhletaler Maggiolo, a fellowship-trained Robotic Urologist and Oncologist and Director of Robotic Urologic Surgery at Palms West Hospital in Loxahatchee, Florida, USA, will visit from 9 to 16 October;
- Professor Alan Saber, Chief of Bariatric and Minimally Invasive General Surgery at The Brooklyn Hospital Center, in Brooklyn, New York, USA, will visit from 13 to 20 October;
- Alexander Lyon, a Senior Lecturer in Cardiology at Imperial College London and a Consultant Cardiologist at the Royal Brompton Hospital in London, England, UK, will visit from 14 to 19 October;
- Professor James B. Richardson, Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon and Professor of Orthopedics from the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in Oswestry, England, UK, will visit from 22 to 26 October, 2017; and
- Professor Christian Dumontier, a Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon located in Guadeloupe, France, will visit from 28 October to 3 November, 2017.
Other experts are scheduled to visit throughout the remainder of the year as part of HMC’s focus on hosting highly-respected physicians and surgeons from around the world. Hosting visiting international consultants who are experts in their field is in line with HMC’s policy to provide specialized medical services to the people of Qatar.
Members of the public wishing to book an appointment with one of the visiting consultants are advised to discuss this option with their physician. If your doctor agrees that an appointment with a visiting consultant is appropriate, they will provide a referral.
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) is the main provider of secondary and tertiary healthcare in Qatar and one of the leading hospital providers in the Middle East.
For more than three decades, HMC has been dedicated to delivering the safest, most effective and compassionate care to all its patients.
HMC manages nine hospitals – six specialist hospitals and three community hospitals – as well as the National Ambulance Service and home and residential care services.
For more information, and the full listing of visiting consultants, visit www.hamad.qa.